Does Your Company Have Some Top Management Positions That Need Filling?
It looks like you might be starting the new year with a new career. It was not exactly the way that you had planned for the new year to start, but the fact that the executive placement agency seems to have found the perfect opportunity means that you are willing to make the change. From salary to the challenge of the job, and from benefits to the location of the territories that you will be managing, this opportunity is a perfect fit. And while you may not have been looking for a new position, this job that the executive placement agency told you about is, in fact, everything that you did not even know that you wanted.
Whether you are an employee looking at the possibilities of changing your career or you are an employer trying to find the perfect hires for the opening that you have, human resources consultants and executive HR search firms can often find the best hiring options. From outplacement consulting firms to strategic human resources consultants, knowing when it is time to ask for help is important. If, for instance, you use a consulting firm for your top hires you can increase the chances that the person you find for the opening will be the right fit. Consider some of these statistics about the hiring and on boarding services that many consultants provide:
- Only 20% of workers believe their manager is doing a good job of encouraging them to do their best work, according to a Gallup poll.
- Representing a 25% increase from the year 2013, 2.7 million workers voluntarily left their jobs at the end of June 2015.
- Keeping workers is as important as finding workers. One indicator of an employee’s potential for staying is happiness. For example, 86% of companies with employee recognition programs cite an increase in worker happiness.
- With 6 in 10 open to a new job at any given time, Millennials are the “Job Hopping Generation,” according to a 2016 Gallup poll. These results indicate that Millennials switching jobs more than any other generation.
- Ggender-diverse companies are 15% more likely to outperform their peers and ethnically-diverse companies are 35% more likely to do the same, according to McKinsey?s research.
The hiring process takes time and costs money. Making sure that you are able to both find and keep the right people is an important strategy. A strategy that companies of all sizes often leave to professional HR firms and executive recruiters.