Signage Why It Matters for Your Company
Signage. It may be one of the most unexciting parts of a business. When you’d rather to be working on inventory, following up sales leads, selling to customers, working on an online website, making renovations to your brick and mortar store, signage seems less like an exciting venture and more like a chore. However, signage leads to big bucks.
Some exciting statistics surrounding signage are:
- 35% of customers find out about local businesses from seeing its sign while passing.
- A single on-site sign costs $.02 per one-thousand views, while a 300 line newspaper ad costs $2.81 per one-thousand views (and might only reach 53% of the market).
- The value of on-site signage is equal to 24 full-page newspaper ads every year.
Signage has even more value in a dynamic and engaging selling environment: the trade show.
A trade show is an event where often hundreds of companies will get together to sell their products to prospective clients. Companies will be given trade show booths, which are small areas where a company can sell their goods and services to clients. These booths are often clustered together so that a client can go from booth to booth easily and efficiently.
A trade show has numerous values for companies:
- 47% of exhibitors said they value the ability to meet with a variety of players face-to-face, including customers, suppliers, re-sellers, etc.
- 51% of exhibitors said they value face-to-face meetings with prospects and customers.
- 99% of marketers said they found unique value in a trade show that they couldn’t get from other mediums.
- 81% of trade show display attendees having buying authority, which means that four out of five people walking the aisles are potential customers for attendees.
Signage plays a large role in trade show booths. Often, the first thing to catch an attendee’s attention is the large sign on top of the trade show booth–the one that displays the name of your company. There are other signs as well–smaller signs at the entrance to the booth and more signs to the back.
Often, it’s important to establish a color scheme that goes well with your company and presents your booth in the most appealing manner. When it comes to signs, the more attractive the color scheme, the more interested the potential client will be to approach the booth or even purchase a product.
Coming up with a sign that stands out is also critical. A good sign should be:
- Appealing color scheme
- Clearly communicates your company’s image
- Entices the customer to ask what your company is about (if they don’t already know)
The idea behind the entrance sign to a trade show booth is to have it stand out over all the others, including with color scheme, font, and size, but not to be so large as to separate your booth from all the other in a negative light. Make sure the signage is correct and stands out, but be averse to overdoing it and receiving negative attention.
When it comes to choosing the correct signage, always take a look at different models online to find the right type that suits you. Also, consider hiring a marketing specialist or soliciting the counsel of one, especially if you are a small business owner and operator.
When it comes time to print your signs, it comes time to find a printing company in the printing industry. Printing services allow you the time it takes to make custom prints, which many trade show booths signs are. These are things you might not be able to get at your local chain printing company.
Some options you have to print at these printing companies, include:
- Union bug printing
- Vinyl printing
- Large format printing
- Oversized printing
- Digital printing
- And more
When it comes to printing, likely you will have to go through the process of document scanning. Document scanning can be a simple process. Document scanning in a printing company brick and mortar store means handing the document either in electronic format through a flash drive or an actual physical copy so it can be scanned and printed.
Document scanning online means taking a scan of your document (either through a scanner or an app that scans for you) and uploading it to the website, so that it can be printed in whatever format you choose.
Signage works. It saves money and gains customers.