In a time when the nation is still trying to deal with the Florida school shooting last week, the teachers, administrators, and school board members across the country are focusing on budgets. Even though the school year is just slightly half way through this school year, the people who are in charge of the day to day operation of schools are planning the specifics of next school year.
From looking through online catalogs for scientific lab suppliers to updating the technology that are in classrooms across America, the budgets for the next school year are already in place. Now comes the time for department heads and classrooms teachers to start prioritizing how those funds will be spent. And while scientific lab suppliers offer their products to scientists at all levels, few would deny that the interest in this field begins in elementary through school high school classrooms.
Scienceware Products Like Water Testing Equipment Are Used in Both High School and Professional Labs
From immersion coolers to incubated shakers, many of the science supplies that are sold in America are the same whether they end up in high school classrooms, college science labs, or professional pharmaceutical labs. And while the profitable drug companies may have much larger budgets, it should come as no surprise that high school and college science labs with smaller budgets also need these same supplies.
Consider some of this information about various kinds of science equipment and the uses that they have:
- 13,500 is the number of commercial medical and diagnostic laboratories in U.S. industries.
- There were 6.2 million scientists and engineers working in the U.S. in 2012. This number represents 4.8% of the workforce, according to Congressional Research Service.
- There were 328,200 medical and clinical laboratory technicians working in the U.S. as of 2014, the most recent year data was available, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- 5,564 is the number of registered hospitals in America, most of which rely on accurate laboratory research.
- The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) projects that 1.3 million scientists and engineers will be needed to replace those who exit the workforce between the years 2012 and 2022, t. The BLS also projects that there will be 2.3 million total job openings in science and engineering occupations from growth and net replacements during this time.
In at time when the news of the day can seem very overwhelming, it might be a welcome relief to spend your time on the purchase of science lab and research products, which are offered from an increasing number of scientific lab suppliers.