How To Pick The RIght Wide Format Paper For Your Company’s Printing Needs
Wide format plotter paper is a term given to a category of uncoated and coated bond papers, which are used to make blueprints or to recreate digital line drawings on a wide-format printer. Wide format printing is in fact a very popular method of printing. The global market for wide format printers is projected to reach $7.2 billion by the year 2022.
Plotter paper roll widths are expressed in inches. Common roll widths for wide-format plotters include 11, 17, 18, 22, 24, 30, 34, 36 and 42 inches.
Whether you’re printing on an inkjet plotter paper roll or a plotter vinyl roll, there are many options when it comes to wide format paper. Some of them are used to make inexpensive first drafts of blueprints. Heavier varieties are available for creating color renderings or client representations if you are for instance a builder who wants to showcase some long term plans.
With wide format paper, you can do a variety of things beyond simply printing blueprints. Should you wish, you can output posters, charts, signs and proofs for graphic design plans.
While there are many options available for printing on a wide format printer, there are many benefits to printing on vinyl. Printing on a plotter vinyl roll will give you a product that delivers a great value and is quick and easy to print. Here are three benefits to using vinyl for your printing needs:
- Longevity: If you’re printing a banner or a sign that’s going to be hanging outside, you can rest easy knowing that a vinyl-printed sign is going to hold up in all kinds of weather, whether it’s snowing, raining or the sun is shining. Many companies print on a plotter vinyl roll using UV-resistant ink, which will protect your product against any conditions. As if that wasn’t enough, vinyl is also very durable, so your vinyl-printed project will hold up against weather and last a long time.
- Low Cost: Printing items such as banners on a plotter vinyl roll is highly affordable and will liven up the look of your business, whether you print storefront signage, in-store banners or other items. Simply put, printing on vinyl is going to make your business stand out and add a certain visual appeal. If you’ve got a full color vinyl banner hanging in your store window, people are going to notice.
- Versatility: Printing a banner or sign on a plotter vinyl roll adds a certain something visually to an office or a business or store. But vinyl signs and banners can be used for other things too. Have a big event coming up, like a trade show? Going to a job fair? Printing products like adhesive vinyl signs can be the perfect way to make your company stand out.
- Uncoated bond paper is cheap white paper which is typically used for simple black-ink drawings.
- Coated bond paper allows drops of inkjet ink to spread through multiple layers of paper, creating multi-color drawings and bringing out details such as fine lines and small text.
- Premium coated bond paper is a heavier paper grade which can also be used for color drawings and renderings.
- Presentation paper is between 35 and 38-pound stock that has a high opacity level and can handle heavier amounts of ink. Presentation paper is prefect for projects where photos, color graphics and solid color blocks are being printed. The coating on this paper supports bright contrasts and rich colors.
- Inkjet vellum paper is made with 100 percent cotton fiber and is used to make blueprints that require printing with high-resolution text and uniformity in solid print areas.
If you don’t want to print on a plotter vinyl roll, there are plenty of other options that printing companies can offer, especially when it comes to wide-format printing:
Whatever type of paper or material you wish to print on, a wide format printer offers plenty of paper varieties and plenty of options beyond printing a simple blue print. Outputting graphic design plans, store signage or banners on a wide format printer will give you a project you can be proud to display and one that will help your business stand out.